Having a library account allows you to see what books you have out, when they're due, and any fines you might have accrued. It also makes it easy for you to request a book--that means workers at Grafton will find the book for you, and you can pick it up at the circulation desk.
To create an account, you will need:
1. Click on Request/Renew from the library home page.
2. You will see a screen that asks you for your username and password. Directly below the sign-in button there is a link that says "Set/reset password". Enter your Mary Baldwin ID number into the User Name box, then click on the link that says "Set/reset password". You will get an e-mail with further instructions on how to create a new password. Please check your e-mail account within the next 24 hours for an email from Library Password Management, because after that the email will expire.
1. Log on to your account in the Library Catalog by clicking on the Renew/Request button the main library page.
If you don't have an account already set up, create a one using these steps.
2. You should automatically see a list of the items you've checked out
3. Click the "Renew" button next to the books you'd like to renew.
To place a request on a book, you must first create an account in the library catalog, and be logged into that account.
Once you find your book in the library catalog, click on the link for the book in the search results list, and find the brown button that says "Place Hold."
NOTE for distance students: A screen will pop up and you'll see that the only pickup location option is Grafton Library. We mail library books to students who live outside of the Staunton/Waynesboro/Augusta County area. We check the status of each student that puts an item on hold and so don't worry about the pickup location showing up as Grafton Library.
Press the Submit button and you will see a confirmation message.
If you have any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-887-7085. It is possible that you are not in the library's system, but we can add you in immediately. Requests will be processed by 2:00 pm the first business day after the request has been placed.
Please refer to our Borrowing and Circulation policies to see which items can be requested.